<< back to articles
Member Leadership Elections - Call for Nominations
June 18, 2012
This notification is a call for nominations for OpenTravel work group chairs and co-chairs, and for nominations for Interoperability Committee work group representatives.
Nominations will be accepted until 4:00pm USET on Wednesday, June 20, 2012.
Information explaining the various roles is detailed below for your convenience. Information about OpenTravel's structure and governance can be found on our website.
Benefits of Leadership
Holding a position of responsibility in an OpenTravel body provides an unparalleled opportunity for personal and corporate leadership, and exposure, in electronic distribution in the travel industry. Work group chairs/co-chairs and representatives to the Interoperability Committee collaborate with peers across travel industry segments to ensure OpenTravel's schemas meet the business needs of the industry.
Work Group Purpose
OpenTravel work groups identify and develop the scope of work for the respective industry sector they represent. This work may include development of a data dictionary, message schemas, use cases and models. Work groups also review project team proposals and comments submitted about the current schema version.
Work Group Positions
Open positions include chair and co-chair in each of the following:
- Architecture Work Group (open to any OpenTravel member company regardless of membership class)
- Hospitality Work Group (hotel, cruise and any other hospitality industry supplier)
- Transport Work Group (car, air, rail and any other transport industry supplier)
- Travel Integration Work Group (open to any OpenTravel member company regardless of membership class)
Interoperability Committee Purpose
The Interoperability Committee reviews and approves project team proposals from the work groups, recommends specification timetables to the Board of Directors, determines the content for the specification, decides upon the documentation necessary for completing the specification and distributes the specification to the membership and public for review prior to delivering it to the Board of Directors for approval and final publication.
Interoperability Committee Representatives
Nominations are also being accepted for work group representatives to the Interoperability Committee.
- Architecture Work Group – two representatives
- Hospitality Work Group – three representatives (one must be a supplier)
- Transport Work Group – three representatives (one must be a supplier)
- Travel integration Work Group – two representatives
A few notes:
- Suppliers are defined as any company that has primary control of the distribution of all inventory
- Non-suppliers are defined as any travel-related company that does not control distribution of all inventory
- The Work Group and IO chair positions are unpaid
Requirements for Work Group and IO Chair Positions
- The candidate’s company must be a member of OpenTravel and must not be arrears on its membership dues
- More information regarding elections can be found in the Procedures Manual
How to Nominate
Should you wish to nominate an individual or yourself for a post, please send an email to Caliene Isaacs, firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the following:
- Nominee Name:
- Nominee Company:
- Nominee Email Address:
- For which Work Group:
- Position (Chair, Co-Chair and/or IO Representative seat):
Supplier and Non-supplier company representatives are welcome to run for chair or co-chair of any work group and for work group representatives of the Interoperability Committee. Term is one year.
Please submit your nominations no later than close of business, 4:00pm USET on Wednesday, June 20, 2012.
The election and balloting will take place online starting June 21, 2012, for a period of ten business days. A separate email will be sent with ballot information to each company's voting representative.
Unsure who your company's voting representative is or have questions regarding the election procedures? Please email Caliene.Isaacs@opentravel.org. Or you are welcome to email Valyn Perini, CEO of OpenTravel, at email@example.com.